Our knowledge will save you time and money!
Starting a business is a very exciting venture. There are, however, many things to think about beyond the type of business you want to start. Burton & Co. Chartered Accountants can walk you through all aspects of starting your own business from deciding whether to incorporate or operate as a proprietorship all the way through to obtaining financing. Below is a list of some of the tasks and considerations of starting your own business:
- Decide whether to incorporate, operate as a proprietorship, or partnership
- Prepare a business plan
- Obtain financing
- Find a lawyer
- Set up workers compensation account
- Setup bookkeeping and payroll
- Obtain appropriate insurance coverage
- Obtain a business license
- Decide whether to take a salary or dividends
- Set up CRA business number, gst and payroll
Forecasting is a necessity when trying to effectively manage and lead a business to profitability. From simple projections to complex financial modelling, our experienced staff can assist you in achieving your company’s financial goals.